Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tot Yoga Review

I "met" the star of this DVD on a wonderful online mom entrepreneur group I am a part of. She was asking people to review her DVD Tot Yoga and said it was designed for parents and tots ages 10 months to 3 years. I LOVE yoga but have never been able to figure out to do much of it with my very active boys, especially the youngest who is 3. So, I volunteered to watch and review it. And today, I did just that.

It's broken up into 3 parts: 1) Child led 2)Parent-led and 3) Parent only

I have to say that my son really didn't get the hang of the first part but I know with time, it will get better. He did giggle a whole lot when we were both crawling around the floor. The second section was great though, with lots of wonderful animal poses to do--monkey, cat, rabbit, fish, dragonfly, etc. My son's favorite was the lion though because he got to roar! It's designed with the understanding that your child will participate some, go play, come back and participate some more. But you're on the floor with them, spending time with them, and teaching them how important it is to take care of their body. So, it's a wonderful thing to do together.

As the video suggests, I put my son down for his nap after the second section and returned to finish the Parent Only section. It really made me remember why I love yoga so much. I have said in the past and I will say again, yoga is like a really good drug, because it makes you feel SO good, but there is no downside. It's all good for you!

Yoga is a great way to relax the mind and the body and as you begin to learn more about yoga, it will also benefit you spiritually. If you're not familiar with yoga, that's OK, these are simple to follow poses and it won't be long before you're comfortable with it.

I will definitely play this DVD again and again for me and my son and if you are interested in buying it, you can go to www.totyoga.com or buy it from Amazon at http://bit.ly/6OMlGW

(I am not an affiliate for TotYoga, so I am not receiving any proceeds from the sale.)

Here is a YouTube video if you want to learn more:


3 comments:

  1. I think this would be a great DVD for my family. My son can already do the Down Dog and I love Yoga as well. What a great way to stay active together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post Jenny. It is a great way to include your young one in yoga, something I never thought was possible. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big yoga lover too, and I also reviewed this DVD on my blog (http://tinyurl.com/yky83a6) but without the benefit of having a toddler to share it with. I enjoyed reading about your firsthand experience with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete