Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Which Wolf Do You Feed?

I took some time off from most social media to do some soul searching about what direction I was headed in professionally. In the last few weeks, I've come back to my Twitter account (HealingInside) and am posting more there and am working on my Facebook Fan page and a web site. But I wasn't sure where to start with my blog again. Until today, when a friend sent me an e-mail with the following story:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is evil--It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other is Good--It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "Whichever one you feed."

This has described the battle I've had not only in the last few months but in the last few years. And the wolf I've now chosen to feed is Good. I can honestly say that in the past, that was not the case. I fed and fed the Evil wolf until he almost consumed ME. But I've stopped feeding him and I'm coming alive again.

What about you? Which wolf do you feed?

No comments:

Post a Comment